Yesterday was so much fun and crazy busy. My parents spent the better part of the day with my children, one at a time. First off, this Friday is a Grandparent's Breakfast at Carter's school. My parents will be in Palm Springs (I know I feel just horrible for them, too). They felt really bad about missing it, so they took Carter out to breakfast in the morning at 7:30 a.m.. Carter was so excited to go and had so much fun with them. Apparently, they had to keep reminding him to eat his food because he was so busy talking to them, that he would forget. They also got to meet his teacher when they dropped him off at school. She gushed about what a great kid Carter is (of course) and how much she enjoys having him in her class. That's one thing I have to give him credit for, he really is a good kid.
Well, after they dropped Carter off at school, they came back to our house and picked up Ethan. You see, they will also be missing Ethan's 2nd birthday on Saturday. My parents have started a tradition with all of the grandkids, they take them shopping for their birthdays. When the kids turn 2, they take them to Build a Bear Workshop and let them pretty much pick out anything they want. They told me that Ethan was more interested in the computers and machines than he was in the actual stuffed animals ("He's like a mini-Richard" is how my dad explained it). They spread out a bunch of different animals on the floor and he eventually picked a sweet white dog that carries a puppy in his mouth. He loved watching it be stuffed. They named him "Woof Woof", because that is one of the only things that Ethan will actually say. However, his version of a "Woof Woof" sound is a very high pitched imitation of my parents' toy poodle "Winnie". He loves his new dogs. He carries them everywhere with him and insists that they sleep in their little doggie bed right next to his bed. Giving the puppy kisses!
Trying to figure out how "Woof Woof" carries the puppy
After they finished at Build a Bear, they came back to our house for a third time and picked up Max to take him with them to lunch. Max's pick was, of course, McDonalds. Ethan and Max ran around playing for about two hours. It was really nice for Max to get to spend some time with them, too. He was feeling a little left out.I am sure that we completely wore my parents out, but my kids all had such a great day. Thanks again, Mom and Dad. I hope you have a great time in Palm Springs! Hit a whole in one for me!









6 comments:
Sounds like you have wonderful parents. I know there is nothing better then a Grandparent. Your kids are lucky ones.
How fun! I love your parents they are so cute! What lucky kids!
Such a cute day!! Gotta love grandparents taking time to love your kids. It's the best!!
Megan- I'm so glad you found me! Your family is darling. Thanks for reaching out, I can't wait to keep in touch!
Megan!!! Wow, I just found your blog and I am so happy I did. I have missed you so much. I would love to hear what you have been up to.
Natalie (Nuzman) Edwards
Natalie pointed me to your blog. :) What an adorable family! And it is so fun to see pics of your mom and dad! How are they doing?? I miss seeing everyone from the Farmington ward!
Post a Comment