Today is my Grandma's Birthday. She would be a grand old 95 if she were still with us. She passed away a little over a year and a half ago. She was one of the last of a special breed. She never stepped out of the house without being dressed to the nines. Her dresses, purses (of which she had a countless assortment), jewelry (which also came in mass quantities) and shoes were always perfectly coordinated. She was quick witted, strong willed, and educated. In fact she continued taking classes at the U of U even while I was attending school there. It was always fun to run into her on campus or to see her sitting in a classroom with a bunch of college kids. She was truly sparkling in every way. I miss her so much!
Max's preschool snack today was Lorna Doone cookies. This was to coincidental to only be a coincidence! Most of you probably have never even noticed or tasted one of these little butter cookies. But to my family the are something special because they bare my Grandma Lorna Doone Broadbent's name. So "Happy Day" to all, as she would say. Now, go get yourself a Lorna Doone cookie and while you are eating it, take a minute to remember all of the amazing people that have influenced your life for the good, like my Gram did for me!
8 years ago




4 comments:
aren't grandmas the best. Mine are both still alive at the age of 87! Great and loving examples. Yours is so pretty!
That is so funny; my grandma loved Lorna Doone cookies and always had some in her cookie drawer. I love them too, but haven't had them forever! So are they really named after your grandma?
I love Grandmas. One grandma died before I was born, but my other grandma lived a good long life, but passed away a few years ago; I miss her.
Now I am going to have to go to the store and get some butter cookies. Yummers.
I miss my Grandma Everyday. Thank you for letting me see yours. She looks like a sweetheart. I love Lorna Doone cookies. I will think of her every time I eat one now. My Grandma would always say I love you the mostest and the bestest. Grandmas are the best aren't they.
What a sweet tribute to your Gram :) Thanks for sharing and reminding me of the importance to remember the wonderful people who have blessed our lives!!! I am glad to have the opportunity to read your blog and see what is happening in your life. Come over and check out my blog at http://www.god-is-gracious.blogspot.com ... on my blog you will also find blog links for our fellow Alpha Sisters -Sally, Caroline, and Melissa Chapman. I love you, girl!!!
Post a Comment