So our family's agenda has been a little full lately. Between Rich's Grandpa passing away, T-ball, Baseball, Soccer, Marathon Training (obviously Rich, not me!), Rehearsals for "Nunsense" (obviously Me, not Rich!), and writing a script for the Miss Farmington Pageant (seriously, the things I get myself into...), and trying to pretend like we have time to keep the house and yard up, there has not been a whole lot of spare time around here. So I giving myself a quick time out to blog about the last week or two.
Max is playing his second year of T-Ball this year. He's on a team full of kids from the neighborhood, which makes it so much fun for all of the kids. He's having a great time, but I think his favorite part is getting a ticket after the game to pick out a treat from the snack stand!
Carter is playing his first year of machine pitch baseball. What a change from T-ball (where everyone gets to hit and run the bases)! This is serious Baseball! The only difference from regular baseball is that they get to swing at 6 balls before they strike out (which is a very good thing, especially because the machines can be rather temperamental). He's not technically supposed to play machine pitch until next year, but we "played him up" because he's so flipping tall and this would have been his 4th year in T-ball (I just don't think I could have handled that one!). He is learning a ton and really having a lot of fun. However, I think the snack stand might still be his favorite part, too.
Carter is playing soccer right now, too. He loves to run the ball up and down the field and is catching on to the fact that his height is a good thing because his legs are longer and he can beat most of the kids to the ball.
I FINALLY found time this morning to cut Ethan's hair, again. Thank heavens. He's been looking like nobody loves him for the last month or so. He's such a wiggler, that it's always a bit of a challenge, but we got it done! It may not be fabulous, but hey, it's free! Right? And I guess you get what you pay for!

Homeless looking.....................Sweet Little Boy
The other night, Rich came downstairs from checking on the boys after they had fallen asleep. He was laughing and said, "You've got to go look at Max." So I head up stairs. Now, to preface this, Max is a bit of an insomniac. He inherited it from my Mom, my sister and me. He will stay awake in his bed some nights for over an hour and just talk to himself or stare at the walls (I'm not really sure what he is doing...). Anyway, apparently this night he felt the need to build a cocoon around himself. He of course called it a "Fort". He must have worn himself out because he crashed upside down on his bed, with no blankets or covers. I couldn't help but take some pics of him. The next morning he was amazed that I had somehow penetrated his fort without him knowing about it and that I left it intact. He's too funny.

Alright, so maybe this turned into a long time out, but hey, I needed it, right?
7 comments:
How do you so it all? I need to take a breath just reading that.
Love tha fort around Max. He has always been a talk to himself kid. Megs I don't know how you survive.....you are seriously superwoman! Cacia
That's just how our lives are with all boys. It is one sporting event after another. Keep it up you are doing a great job!
Hey Girl!!! Let me know when you are doing "Nunsense." I love that play and would love to see you perform... plus it would be great to see you again :)
I love it! Your boys keep me smiling! Its fun to know the Cannon family! Hopefully we'll end up on the same soccer team next year! Keep up all of the hard work and running!
Deb
I just have to tell you that your boys are so darn cute. I can see so much of you and Richard in them. Sounds like you have a full plate but there is no better mom! Keep up the good work!
Thanks so much for the help with my blog page. It looks much better. Have a great day!
Post a Comment