Thursday, May 15, 2008

Self Entertaining Child

Today was laundry day at our house. And, boy oh boy, did we have laundry to do. I have slacked off for the last few days on it, and as I am sure many of you realize, in a house with 3 kids (especially 3 boys!), a few days without washing a load or 2 and you're in over your head. So today I got caught back up.
Well, Ethan was not to happy about the fact that I was otherwise engaged for a good part of the day. He kept trying to climb onto my bed (where I was folding the clothing) and flop down on the clothes. Then he would do what I can only describe as his personalized version of a monkey crossed with a monster and mess up as many neatly folded piles as he possibly could before I could stop him. He thought it was so hilarious.




He eventually got bored with this and so he moved on to emptying out the laundry baskets with cleaned, but yet to be folded clothing. Then having empty baskets, he decided that the make a really great fort (or cage depending on your perspective). He entertained himself quite well for around 20 minutes! He is always on the go and keeps me on my toes. Even when he is being mischevious, he'll just give you his little angel grin which makes it virtually impossible to be angry at him.
This is the face he was making at me when I took the clothes away from him. There was some great screaming that went with the face, too. :)

2 comments:

Megs said...

He sounds like Ellie. She loves to "help" me with the laundry. Kids are the best.

Doin' It Digital (Shannon C.) said...

My kids love to play in the laundry baskets. So funny. They usually pretend to be puppies.