I bought Max this dinosaur egg at Target the other day. He was being especially good in the store so I let him pick something out of the $1.99 bins. I would never have guessed at what great entertainment this little egg would provide.
It was basically an egg made out of compressed sand with a dinosaur hiding somewhere inside. It came with some digging tools and a small brush. When we got home, he was revved and ready to get working on it. I sent him out to the back patio, because I had a feeling it would be messy. I figured he would be out there for 10 maybe 15 minutes, tops. Well, this was a very well built dinosaur egg!!! He worked diligently for over an hour on the thing! And the best part was that he loved every minute of it. He would run inside about ever 10 minutes to give me updates on his progress, "Mom, I made a big dent in this side!", "Mom, I can see a little bit of the tail!", "Look, Mom, I've dug him almost all of the way out!".
So, moral of the story, If any of you have some kids who are constantly in need of interaction or activites to keep their quick moving brains busy, Target has the toy for you! And like I said, It's only $1.99! How can you beat that? Love it! I'm gonna go back and get him another one, just so I can give myself a "time out" when I need it.








4 comments:
I haven't seen those, I'm gonna have to get a couple. Cacia
COOL, I actually saw those and thought oh it must be cheap. Now I'm going to have to run over tomorrow and see if they still have some. Thanks for the tip!
Oh Man - I hope they have those out here in Florida. Jacob would love digging for a dinasour and I could use some "time out" as well. :) Thanks for the idea - See ya soon!
So cute!
Post a Comment