What is the biggest benefit to having your ACL reconstructed?
Well, if you are lucky, a few years after you have your knee put back together, you might have the pleasure of having one of the screws (that they used to graft in your new ligament) come loose and start moving around in your leg. Then, if your even luckier than that, your screw might just come to rest pointing OUTWARD and UPWARD in front of your knee cap causing quite a bit of discomfort when you try to bend it.
Finally, if you are the luckiest person of all, you might get to go into the O.R. for a second surgery to have the wandering screw removed!! But again you must be unusually lucky to have this happen, in fact, my surgeon and his Physicians Assistant both commented that they had never seen anything like it in their lives!! And then, they will give you the screw as a memento, or a new piece of jewelry! How awesome is that?
Well, if you are lucky, a few years after you have your knee put back together, you might have the pleasure of having one of the screws (that they used to graft in your new ligament) come loose and start moving around in your leg. Then, if your even luckier than that, your screw might just come to rest pointing OUTWARD and UPWARD in front of your knee cap causing quite a bit of discomfort when you try to bend it.
Finally, if you are the luckiest person of all, you might get to go into the O.R. for a second surgery to have the wandering screw removed!! But again you must be unusually lucky to have this happen, in fact, my surgeon and his Physicians Assistant both commented that they had never seen anything like it in their lives!! And then, they will give you the screw as a memento, or a new piece of jewelry! How awesome is that?

I know you are all envious! I'm sure you'll be even more jealous the next time you see me and I'm gimping around with a big ol' ace bandage wrapped around my leg!!




9 comments:
ok, that seriously makes me want to cry for you!!!! How painful can it get. I hope that you are feeling better. What a great start to your summer.
That's horrible! I'm so sorry! Hope it heals quickly!
Wow! That is crazy! Get better soon!
Only you Megs!!!! Love ya. Heres to a quick recovery, let me know how I can help. Cacia
Megan,
Omigosh. I am sorry. Did it come loose in Hawaii or has it been hurting for a while? I had knee surgery in h.s. and hope I am not that lucky. I don't care about jewelry that much. :) Let me know if we can bring dinner or something.
-Shannon C.
That doesn't sound like fun! Hope you feel better soon! :)
That must have been about as much fun as Hawaii?! Well maybe not. I hope you are recovering fast.
You have to tell me how you created your layout. I have been trying to do mine with some paper I downloaded and I am ready to pull my hair out. my email is miderdh@q.com.
Megs..and they tell ME I have a screw loose. At least they can find yours and fix it. I'm doomed. Bless your heart.
Loves,
Jax
Ouch! I hate the hardware that goes into those things. Do you need anything?
Post a Comment