Carter spent the summer watching his dad cross finish lines and begging him to let him run a "real race" with him. This past Saturday a new parkway opened up and there was a race sponsored to raise money for cancer on the new road before it opened. Carter asked if he could run it. During the week leading up to the race, Rich took Carter on 2 "training runs" to see if he could handle running a 5k. He did great, so we signed the two of them up! Carter was so excited to run, he offered to go to bed a 5:00 the night before just to make sure he got enough sleep!
He did so well!! He was 3rd place in his heat, and the fastest 7 year old! Hooray for CARTER! Way to go, bud!! Love you!
waving "hi" to Mom, Nanny, Papa and his brothers
racing across the finish line!




16 comments:
Way to go Carter, Maybe if you keep it up you could be in the Olympics some day. Then we could all say we have an Olympics winner in the family. Keep it up. Love you lots, grandma great
That was so much fun seeing you there. Carter did awesome. So did Rich too. Way to go guys.
Way to go Carter! What a great way to spend time with your dad!
Way to go Carter! What a great accomplishment. So glad you blogged about this Megan.
AWESOME!!! Way to go Carter! I couldn't run a 5K to save my life! What a great kid, and I'm sure the fact he did it with this dad makes it all the more special!
That is the coolest thing ever. I love that he ran with his Dad. Way to go Carter.
I think it's so great, way to go Carter man!!! It was great the other day Rich came to get him from playing to go on a training run & he was so excited. what a great way to get one on one dad time.
Way to go, Carter! It was fun to see him run by my house and wave, and then turn around and wave again when he was a litter farther down the road. What a great kid.
Wow!!! That is awesome.
I saw the two of them running the other day, and thought how cute that was! What an experience! Like father like son! :)
That is so awesome! I love that their outfits match too, so adorable in that pic of them crossing the finish line.
Way to go, that's awesome! How cute is he to want to run with his dad!
Thats so awesome! I cant believe he wanted to do it so bad. Good for him!
Impressive! Carter sounds like a dream child. I wish my child would offer to go to bed at 5:00pm just to get and go running the next day with his Dad. :)
That is so great!! I love the matching running outfits. :D
You da man Carter! I hate running, and every time a do it I think that will change...you are an inspiration- what an accomplishment!
Post a Comment