Tuesday, August 19, 2008

YoUth cOnFereNcE







A couple of tough guys.

Rich and I were in charge of our ward's Youth Conference this last weekend. We had such a great time.
The kids on the river.
CHEESE!!
The kids were awesome, and there were minimal catastrophes. (Which is pretty impressive when you take 18 teenagers camping!) The worst one was one of our Young Women falling into a bee's nest and being stung 10 times! Yikes!
Aftermath of the bee attack.
Rich tubing on a dinky green tube.
The Cook-off
We had the kids chopping and carrying wood for a service project, running relay races and egg tosses, pitching in on a cook off breakfast (young men against young women), tubing down a river, launching water balls, we watched a slide show of the weekend, filled a time capsule, had a testimony meeting and a great speaker, and so many other activities!
Discussing egg tossing strategy
Balance is everything.
Professional Water ball shooters. (They launched sooo far!)
We were exhausted when we got home and are still trying to recover, but I think it was worth it! The kids all seemed to enjoy it and they grew closer as friends.

6 comments:

Em&Em said...

Your family is so cute! Sounds like you guys had fun. I was happy I found your blog. Where did you get the cute background?

Kim said...

Megan!! I love you, I love you, I love you! You are too amazing, that's all there is to it!

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Hey! I am glad you found my blog!! So I had a blast at Youth Conference with you guys!! You did a great job... I had a blast... and I think the kids did as well (since they can't stop talking about it :) Talk to ya soon!

Brittany said...

Looks like a ton of fun. It reminds me of Youth Conference in our days, oh how time flies. You guys are the perfect couple to plan such a fun activity! Hope all is well!

Sara said...

what a huge undertaking...and success! not surprising at all:) looks like you all had fun!

anseliz said...

In charge of a youth conference? Yowza! Looks like it was a riot and a good group of kids.